The Young Adult Ministry (YAMs), led by the Holy Spirit, seeks to provide spiritual nourishment, inspiration and guidance to adults ages 18 to 35. The ministry, which includes those that are single, married, widowed, divorced and with or without children, encourages proper spiritual and moral principles to empower christians to live as disciples of Jesus Christ. A choir, usher group and Sunday school class have evolved from this ministry, providing spiritual opportunities for young adult members to showcase their gifts and talents. In addition to conducting an annual retreat, the Ministry also hosts other events throughout the year to promote fellowship and spiritual growth. College students visiting home are welcome to participate.
"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." (I Timothy 4:12).
Young Adult Ministry of Ebenezer Church seeks to provide spiritual and social outreach to men and women. We wish to promote moral and spiritual structure in order to empower our lives as disciples of Jesus Christ. This group includes those between the ages of 18-35 having the following status’ singles, married, widowed, and divorced with or without children.
Embrace young adults in our churches and communities, addressing their needs and issues through evangelism, Christian fellowship, and supporting the growth of the body of Christ.
Goals and Objectives:
- Share our faith with other young adults through education, prayer and fellowship; allowing them the opportunity to hear God's message for His church and to encourage a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Affirm the unique gifts, talents, and ministries of young adults.
- Provide opportunities for growth through Bible study and Sunday school to explore ways to integrate faith in their lives as they travel through life transitions.
- Develop leadership through resources and training programs to empower young adults and strengthen their commitment to Christ.
- Worship God in Spirit and in Truth.